Thursday, September 16, 2010

Swim | Bike | Run | Photographing a Triathlon {Allan and Lisa Mueller | Knoxville Professional Photographers}

Rain, corn fields, old school rap on the iPod. That's what I remember most about the 9+ hour drive from Knoxville to Sandusky, Ohio. Allan and I headed North on 75 early Saturday morning to meet up with several other photographers to photograph the Revolution 3 triathlon for Dan Hicok Photography. Allan had shot the Rev 3 triathlon in Knoxville for Dan in May, but this would be my first time shooting for him. Saturday evening we received our assignments for Sunday and I was excited to learn I would be photographing the athletes completing their swim and then head over to the finish line, after a break, to capture the athletes crossing the line in Cedar Point amusement park. Allan was assigned to the early portion of the bike ride and would then join me at the finish line. All I can say is that I had a great time {and I think Allan did too!}. Congratulations to all the athletes!

Here are a couple of images from the day including a couple of behind-the-scenes shots. Enjoy!

Getting my workout at the finish line...






Big long line of swimmers



Lead, follow or get out of the way


Allan in front of the beautiful house where he was photographing the bike riders. The homeowners were super nice!

I tried my hand at photographing the bicyclists on their way back to the transition area.


Sweet and funny neighborhood chick on a bike. Cracked us up!

Flash test dummy


Triathlon winner

Loved this athlete's finish

Dan taking a photo of Allan and I.
Find out more about Revolution 3 triathlons and view the photos from the event here

View more of our work on our website, find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

No comments: