Thursday, July 1, 2010

Shout Out to Sandbars Coastal Cooks {Lisa Mueller | Allan Mueller | Knoxville Professional Photographers}

Allan and I spent four (and a half) long, hot 90+ degree days in a field with very little shade photographing an AKC Lure Coursing Trial event in Powell, Tennessee. As you can imagine, at the end of every day we were very tired, hungry and thirsty and on Saturday we were thrilled to see the Sandbars Coastal Cooks' van roll in on a cloud of dust and set up their tents and start cooking. From my upwind vantage point in the middle of the field I had no idea what sort of tasty treat awaited us, but when I ventured over I was overwhelmed by the awesome aroma of a creole shrimp boil complete with tasty peel-and-eat shrimp, corn on the cob and potatoes. Allan and I were really tired and needed to download the 3000 images we shot that day, so we purchased to meals to go and after cracking open a frosty beer I proceeded to dig in to this absolutely delicious meal. I was not at all surprised by the tastiness or quality of this meal. I just knew Kevin and Robby were serving up something special. They are a couple of really nice guys who let me take some photographs of them hard at work when they returned on Sunday to serve up standard lunch fare as well as a fish fry for dinner. Allan passed on the fish dinner and he missed out on an opportunity to experience a fabulous meal. The fish was flaky, the hushpuppies were divine and the pineapple cole slaw was a sweet surprise. Sadly, I did not take a photo of either one of my meals.

Monday morning I was out in the middle of field again and thought I saw a guy that looked a lot like Kevin wandering around and sure enough it was. He was there to take orders for lunch! Allan and I had packed our lunch like we had every other day and I was tempted to try out the hamburger, but we passed. I am confident we will have another opportunity to enjoy a meal prepared by Sandbars Coastal Cooks...I just hope it is soon!

Here are some photographs of the guys at work. Be sure to check them out on Facebook and contact them the next time you need to put on a spread- large or small- for 20 to 200. You will not be disappointed! Wow, now I am really hungry...wonder why?
















Find out more about ALM Photo on our website, on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

No comments: