Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Jeanette & Brandon | Wedding Story

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

OK, Jeanette and Brandon, we're ready for you to tell us your wedding story...

How did you and Brandon meet?

To be honest, it is not such an exciting story. I met Brandon at a party at his frat house five years ago when we were both students at UT. The reason I fell for him was because while all the other brothers were just hanging out he was riding around on a self-propelled skateboard. I just had to try it! That day he told me I was the girl he was going to marry. I, of course, thought he was crazy, but as it turns out he was right!

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

 { click on any of the photographs to view them full size }

What advice would you give couples planning their wedding?

Book a venue that specializes in weddings. There is a lot more than I originally thought would go into the planning a wedding at the cabin. It would have been a lot less stressful to already have the venue take care of some things. Also enjoy your day: eat the cake, dance until your legs give out, and understand that crazy things will happen. It will make for a funny story later, like the police showing up, the groom falling in the river and maids of honor losing their children, just as a few examples. LOL! Also, I would highly recommend hiring a professional photographer! I hardly had a chance to enjoy all the work and care that went into planning the wedding and getting to see the pictures was like getting to enjoy it all over again, but at a slower pace. Plus you get to see the things you missed on your wedding day.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee


Where did you find your wedding attire?

By far, my dress was my favorite purchase. I originally thought I wanted a big puffy dress, but my sister picked out the all silk, slim fit mermaid style at White Lace and Promises and when I put it on everyone cried. I had to have it, but it was way out of my price range, so my amazing sister bought it for me for my wedding present! I don't think there could have been a more perfect dress.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

My accessories were just found pieces except the bracelet I wore, which was actually my present to my mother. It was the first piece of jewelry my father ever bought for my mother. During a rough patch of life they began selling everything they had and she told me to keep it safe and I held on to it. She had forgotten about it and thought it was gone forever. The bracelet also served as my something borrowed that day.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

Brandon wanted to be comfortable so he wore his favorite navy suit and a tie we found. Men are so simple!

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

For my bridesmaids I wanted to have a dress that everyone could a) afford and b) would like and want to wear again. I picked out 10 dresses under $100 and had my bridesmaids rank them 1-10, then averaged the scores and determined the winner. They could not have been more perfect!

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

The groomsmen were a bit more difficult. Brandon wanted to keep it inexpensive for them as well, so he just told them to find khaki pants and a navy blazer. Not a good idea! The day before the wedding, three of the groomsmen still did not have pants or a blazer, fortunately Brandon's mother predicted as much and came prepared with plenty of extra jackets and pants. She also came prepared with a matching outfit for her youngest son which came in handy when we had to sub him into the wedding party because one of the other groomsmen did not show up.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

Favorite memories from your wedding

Jeanette: My favorite memory was the toasts during dinner. It was the only time I got to sit and be calm. It was a wonderful and unexpected surprise how many people wanted to share their love and feelings for us.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

Brandon: My favorite memory was at the end of the night when I finally felt relaxed and I got to dance and have fun with my wife.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

Musical choices:

I have a very talented friend who played the ceremony music for us as our wedding present. The processional was ‘Walk in the Forest’ by Yiruma, the bridal march was ‘Canon in D Minor’ because it always makes me cry and I wanted just a touch of traditional essence to the ceremony. And exit song was Brian Crain's ‘Song for Sienna’. Our first dance was to Jason Mraz's ‘I Won't Give Up’. We chose that song because to us, it says a lot about growing together through our shortcomings and hard times and always holding onto each other for support. I think it was the perfect song. It was sung by Brandon's long time friend, Robby who came from Alabama to play the first 3 hours of our wedding.

The second band to play was Sole Finger. The lead singer is a great friend of mine and their fun funky music was a perfect way to get everyone having a great time.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

DIY Projects and Wedding Décor

My whole wedding was one giant DIY project! I would say it was difficult and frustrating but now that is it over I am starting to miss all the late night crafting. My favorite and most noteworthy craft project was the mason jars I gave away as wedding gifts. They all had chalkboard paint on them so guests could write their name on them. I painted blue glitter on the bottoms of each one and I made 7 types of toppers that went around the rim of the glass. I used everything from lace to string to beads and flowers to make them unique and special. I also made ones with bow ties for the groomsmen. Each jar also had a matching top with “this is your glass for the night, write your name so it stays in sight, then fill up with whatever tastes right” on it. Another noteworthy project was the makeshift photo booth. We made the backdrop (which looked much better before transportation and children running through it) of over 700 pieces of wax paper attached to strings. This alone took me over 25 hours to make. It was really just something I wanted to try. I also made all the props- glued on pearls, lace and glitter for accents and attached them to sticks. Other details include:
Ø  grew and painted my centerpiece
Ø  made my own cake
Ø  created a lighting system with bamboo sticks and Christmas lights
Ø  put 3 LED lights under each table so they glowed at night
Ø  created a full service bar out of a Jacuzzi room
Ø  attached tulle, fake flowers and strands of glitter and pearls everywhere for a fairy tale effect
Ø  made tissue balls to hang from the lights
Ø  created the program
Ø  created drink and food lines
Ø  turned an old bed and breakfast that has never been used for an event into a fully functional wedding venue

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee


What were your colors? Why?

My colors were light blue (specifically robin’s egg blue) and champagne. I chose them because they are two of my favorite colors, they look beautiful together and they go nicely with a June wedding.

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

Did you have a plan to share your wedding photos socially?

I shared them on Facebook. I wanted to put them all up, but I figured 3000 pictures would be overkill! Everyone is still talking about how cool the photo booth was. Thanks to Allan for helping me get that set up!

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

Honeymoon

Our honeymoon was perfect we went to Mexico in Riviera Maya just outside of Playa del Carmen. We swam with turtles, toured the Mayan ruins and ate and drank enough for a small army. It was perfect, considering we did not book the trip until Monday and we left on Tuesday. We were counting on wedding money to be able to go!

Other comments: without the unrelenting help of our friends and family, who took so much time and care into helping us, our wedding would not have been nearly as beautiful. We are eternally grateful for their love and support!

ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee

Vendors:

Ceremony: I wrote the whole ceremony and my uncle Chuck, a judge, was kind enough to officiate our ceremony.
Reception: We call the cabin the Bed and Breakfast. Brad Ivans of Eagle Property Management let me use the property for my wedding as a gift and as a test run for its first wedding. He is now hoping to get other couples to use it for their special days. 
Make-up/ hair: I went to About You Salon and Spa in Gatlinburg. They did an amazing job!
Tent and tables: We rented from All Occasions Party Rentals
Lighting: We constructed all of the lighting
Florets: We used BJ's Flower Baskets. We have known her for a long time and she planned my mother’s wedding. Best florets ever!
Gown: My gown was from WhiteLace and Promises
Bridesmaid dresses: The dresses were from JJ's House
My engagement ring: It is a Silvia that I actually picked out when I was in high school.
My wedding band: It is small and dainty. Brandon's is made of wood on the inside.


ALM Photo, wedding photography, Knoxville, Tennessee
_________________________________________

{ Connect with us }
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter > here and here
Peep our snaps on Instagram > here and here

Portraits | Action | Weddings | Events | Commercial | Architectural | Aerial

No comments: